Transition to Adulthood Program (TAP)
CORD's TAP works with students aged 14-22 who are transitioning from Special Education to the community. TAP will:
- Educate students on their rights;
- Assist students in setting goals for their future;
- Work with students, their families, and schools to access benefits and create transition plans;
- Help students explore options for further education, job training, and housing;
- Encourage students to be involved in CORD activities.
Upcoming TAP events & non-CORD events for TAP consumers & families
Transition Fair 2017
When: Sat Apr 29 2017 @ 09:00am to 01:00pm
Location: Cape Cod Collaborative, 418 Bumps River Rd, Osterville, MA 0265
Come to the Transition Fair 2017 for a morning of information gathering.
This is a free event!
Learn about the process, timeframes and helpful planning tips related to transitioning from student to adult services as well as about programs, resources and support services accessible to adults.
Information will be presented about the 688 transition process, post-secondary programming including occupational educational programs, traditional and self-directed service models, employment services, habilitative services, support services to accommodate needs within home and community settings, financial planning, support for systems navigation as related to benefit and entitlement programs.
State agencies, community resource agencies and service providers will be onsite.
Be sure to stop by CORD's table!
Light breakfast and lunch foods will be provided.Please RSVP to Jenna.email@example.com.